Subject: Another render bug...
From: [email-masked] (robert hood)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 1995 15:00:42 -0700 (PDT)

I got the following from a friend:

> Hey Bob,
> 
>         Could you check and see if your version of Lightwave has a
> *Fog* bug?  Try setting the minium fog dist. [in the effects menu] to 0 and
> the amount at 0, and the maxium dist. fog to 1 and in the amount envelope
> put 100% at frame 0; and 0% at frame 30.  Place an object 2 meters away from
> the camera (i.e. camera @ position 0,0,0 and the object @ 0,0,2).  
> 
>         Then render frame 1; you should not see the object.  *Goto* frame 30
> [press f and type 30, hit return] and press f9 to render; you will probably
> see the object.  Now for the bug, *goto frame 1* and go into the render
> menu.  Render frame 30 from the menu and leave frame advance to manual.  You
> may not see the object -I don't in the DEC version although I should. ??!
>  
>         If you get a chance to test this, let me know the results 

I tested it with my 4.0pre Intel, and I got the same error.  Does anybody
know if this is a known bug, or does NewTek need to be made aware of it?

Regards,                      |||
Bob                         ^(===)^
-------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------
Bob Hood            | Bureaucracy destroys initiative.  There is little that
                    | bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially
Work: 303-730-1324  | innovation that produces better results than the old
Home: 303-980-8392  | routines.  Improvements always make those at the top
[email-masked]    | of the heap look inept.  Who enjoys appearing inept?
[email-masked]      |                               - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
[email-masked] (robert hood) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]